There's a new addition to the Imagine LA family! Livey Beha, our new community engagement manager, started this week. You may recognize Livey because she's been a key part of our team already, interning with us since January. Originally from Tacoma, Washington, she's excited to bring her passion for serving others and love of coffee to the team.
Livey recently graduated from USC with a B.A. in Non-Governmental Organizations and Social Change, where she studied how to involve communities in ending poverty and gender-based violence. At Imagine LA, she'll be responsible primarily for going out into the community, telling the Imagine LA story, and recruiting new mentors.
Welcome, Livey. We're thrilled to have you on board!
And speaking of outreach...
April and May have kept us busy zigzagging through Los Angeles to participate in numerous events. Each exposes Imagine LA and our unique mentoring model to different groups of prospective mentors and partner organizations:
- United Way Everyone In South LA Pop-Up
- Ethiopian Art Walk
- USC Summit on Ending Homelessness
- Earth Week at Plaza De La Raza
- Women's Missionary Society with Emmanuel HM Turner AME Church
- Temple City Faith-Based Homelessness Coalition
- Los Angeles Small Business Summit
- Department of Mental Health Faith-Based Advocacy Council Breakfast (Pasadena)
- Department of Mental Health Faith-Based Advocacy Council Breakfast (Metro LA)
- Faith Community Outreach in Partnership with Mark Ridley Thomas' Offices
- United State of Women Summit
In just this time span, 150 people signed up for our e-newsletter and 75 expressed an interest in mentoring! Plus we have many new partnerships in the works.
Are you part of an organization that might be open to learning more about how Imagine LA breaks the cycle of family homelessness and how to get involved? If so, please contact Livey.