Be Part of the Solution: How You Can Help
Stay Informed – Show Up and Read!
• Attend Neighborhood Council and housing meetings in your community
• Follow the Ebell's "Ending Homelessness in Los Angeles: What Is Happening and How Can I Help?" panel moderator and each of our panelists and their organizations on social media, and sign up for their newsletters
Be Prepared to Interact with a Person Experiencing Homelessness
- Remember, people experiencing homelessness are first and foremost people just like you and me and should be treated with respect. They probably feel ashamed.
- Kind words and looking them in the eye without judgment could be the highlight of the day.
- If asked for money, give food or food-related gift certificates.
- Point them to 211, the Homeless Hotline.
Support Local Organizations
Donate and/or volunteer your time with organizations dedicated to ending homelessness, like these that the Ebell supports:
Provide Space for Parking, Shelter, Housing, Services
If you represent a faith-based community or an organization that could provide space for safe parking, winter shelter, an after-hours respite center, or a site for housing, please contact Alisa Orduna: firstname.lastname@example.org
Share what you’ve learned about ending homelessness – in person, on social media, etc. A video of this panel is archived on the Ebell's Facebook feed and we’re posting all Q&As submitted that day. Ending homelessness is a community issue we all need to address and solve together.
Jill Bauman and Rebecca Hutchinson, Co-Chairs, Ebell of Los Angeles Panel "Ending Homelessness in Los Angeles: What is Happing and How Can I Help?"